My friend Maria tagged me for the ’8 things you don’t know about me’ meme. The rules are pretty straight forward:
- Link to your tagger and post these rules
- List EIGHT random facts about yourself
- Tag EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
So, here’s my list of things you may not know about me:
- I have a degree in economics, though it started as accounting, and for a short time included science.
- I’m a weaver – I have a huge loom in my front room and really, really love weaving. I never have time of course.
- When I was a kid, my career dream was to be a veterinarian. That all stopped the moment my agriculture teacher told me how vets confirm a horse is pregnant (something to do with very long gloves).
- At school I was never popular (smart, skinny red-head kid) and am still surprised when I realise people like me
- I missed a birthday once crossing the date line – I thought it was really cool until I was sitting on the plane with no-one to wish me happy birthday.
- I have not been anywhere in the Northern Territory, and have actually only seen very small parts of most other States
- I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up
- My career highlight so far was chairing the 2007 information architecture summit
And here’s who I’d like to know more about:
- Lisa Herrod, Maxine Sherrin and Steve Baty – three fantastic Sydney friends I don’t get to see enough
- Dan Willis – smart and completely mad and one of the best people I know
- Alex, because I’m sure he’ll have some very strange facts to share
- Caronne and Ruth because they are fantastic friends
- And Andrew because I love him (and I’m tagging him even though he has done this already on one of his blogs)