Web Directions is over for another year and was again fabulous. I attended 3 out of 4 days – Dan Saffer’s Interaction Design workshop and the two full conference days (including my own intro IA talk on Friday).
All the sessions were interesting, inspiring and well-prepared (I hope mine was as well). As an indication of the general goodness, I didn’t skip out on any sessions, ask pointed questions, sleep or read my email (much). Nor did I cross-stitch, something I’ve been known to do.
I have a strange list from my ‘things to follow’ up page:
- Subservient chicken (mentioned by Kelly)
- See if Genevieve Bell is at Ozchi this year (mentioned by Kelly, answer is yes)
- Look up the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis (Jeremy)
- Newshutch (I’m on a never-ending quest for the perfect RSS reader)
- Use hReview on maadbooks (of course, writing content would probably be better)
- hCard my contact details
- Listen to Thomas’ folksonomy triad description
- Update web connections with everyone I met before I forget
- Start blogging properly again (something I should be able to do now my conference run has settled
So now, breakfast then rewrite my Lakoff presentation (nothing like having good ideas a couple of hours before) and down to Oz-IA…